Monday - Thursday 12pm - 8pm
Friday 12pm - 4pm
*Saturday 10am - 5pm
*Memorial to Labor Day 10am - 2pm
Closed Sundays & Holidays
Luzerne County Library System Behavior Policy
Our libraries are open to the public for the purposes of reading, research, learning, and other enriching activities. Any behavior that disrupts the use of our libraries is strictly prohibited.
Behavior that is disruptive to library use includes but is not limited to:
• Any illegal activities
• Loud or threatening behavior
• Use of tobacco products including e-smoking devices
• Inappropriate use of restrooms, including bathing and shaving
• Theft or damage to library materials, equipment, and buildings.
• Creating an unsafe situation with toxic, bulky, or unattended items
• Soliciting, panhandling, selling, petitioning or distribution of materials. Local libraries may permit exceptions.
In addition, parents and guardians, not Library staff, are responsible for the care, behavior, and supervision of minor children.
Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
Thank you for helping to make our libraries enjoyable and productive for all. Failure to comply with this policy may result in suspension of library privileges, expulsion from library property, or legal action. Any actions or exceptions are determined by libraries at the local level.
NOTE: Once charges on your account have reached $5.00, the system will automatically block you from checking out materials from the West Pittston Library and any other Luzerne County Library. Patrons can pay for the items in question at any Luzerne County Library.
Calendar of Events
|April - 2017|